Dr Ashish Kanakia
Director – Medical Business Management, Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad
Education: Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS), AFIH (Associate Fellow of Industrial Health)
- 8 years of Clinical Practice
- Chief Underwriter, New Business & Underwriting, Tata- AIG Insurance company
- Head of New Business & Underwriting, AIA shared services
- Head of Technical Services, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
- Head of Medical Business Management, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
- Member Joint Technical Committee, LIAM
Key contributing Areas
- Taking effective actions to manage and control the claim ratio for Medical portfolio
- Formulation for effective risk management policies
- Develop effective strategies for maintaining the Quality standards
- Developing & Mentoring Underwriters, Claim assessors on an ongoing basis.
- Engaging with various hospitals and doctors as part of Insurance Hospital Network as well as running the hospital ambassador programme.
- Liaising with Regulator – LAM, JTC, BNM & Ministry of Health so as to influence them to bring about necessary positive changes in Healthcare environment
- Working on several initiatives related to Health ecosystem – Disease Management programme, Dengue Prediction, Influenza vaccination, Babylon etc.
- Part of Joint Technical committee providing critical inputs on various guidelines HSI, Cost Containment etc.
Special Rates for APHM Members & Discounts for Group of 3 and above from same organisation.
1,314 total views, 6 views today